Central California Blood Center (CCBC) welcomes members of the community who want to take part in its mission to help save lives. In fact, our volunteers are an integral part of the effort to keep the Central Valley’s blood supply at needed levels. Whether performing clerical duties at the corporate site, helping in the canteen at one of the five donor centers across the Valley, or "hitting the streets" to encourage donors to give during special event blood drives - CCBC volunteers are making an impact on their community.
Here are just a few of the advantages to being a Central California Blood Center volunteer:
- Making an impact in your community by helping to save lives
- Meeting new people
- Developing new skills while working in a friendly atmosphere
- Annual volunteer appreciation luncheon
What is required of a volunteer?
- Be at least 17 years of age - there is no upper age limit to volunteer
- Complete CCBC volunteer application and training
- Provide quality service to donors
- Schedule can be as specific or as flexible as you need it to be
Volunteer Overview - PDF